Once you've clicked "Create New Event" from the Ribyt Event Dashboard, you'll be taken to the Event Setup screen (screenshot below). This is where you will give Ribyt the basic, but important, details of your event. It is very important to understand that information you enter from this point on will become default information going forward, and will be used on guest itineraries and all reports. However, the information can be changed.
- Event Name: This name will be used on all itineraries and reports. This name can be changed at any time and it will change everywhere it is being used. Think of this as the event marquee, meaning it should clearly identify your event. For instance: "My Company Event on July 4th" is not as exciting as "Jones & Company 4th of July Picnic".
- Event Location: If your event requires travel to another city, this is an important field. This will tell people immediately where they'll be headed to go to your event. This is also good for events that are in one metropolitan area, but in multiple venues. Finally, if you have an event all happening in different venues and different towns within the same metropolitan area, it's best to use the city name (Detroit, Michigan) vs. the town or suburb name (Troy, Michigan).
- Event Venue: ONLY USE THIS FIELD IF YOUR EVENT IS TAKING PLACE IN A SINGLE VENUE. If not, just leave it blank. If you fill in a city name AND an Event Venue name, the Event Venue name is going to take precedence on itineraries and reports.
- Event Start Date: This is the start date for your event. It is recommended that this date be the date that ANY part of your guest experience starts. For instance, if your event is on Friday, May 1st, but your guests will be flying in or arriving the day before, your Event Start Date should be Thursday, April 30th.
- Event End Date: This is the end date for your event. It is recommended that this date be the date that ANY part of your guest experience ends. For instance, if your event is on Friday, May 1st, but your guests will be flying out the day after, your Event End Date should be Saturday, May 2nd
- Support Phone/Support Email/Support Link: (Optional) Enter your company phone number, email address, or web URL where your invited guests can reach someone for help or to answer any questions. This info will appear when a guest clicks the "HELP" button on the event's RSVP website.
- Dashboard Title Image: You can upload an identifier image for your event here. Every event you're working in will show up (using this image) on the Ribyt Event Dashboard. NOTE: This image does not appear anywhere else and is not seen by invited guests.
To move on to the next step, you must save this info by clicking "Save Event & Continue" on the bottom right of the screen. This is how the navigation works throughout the site.